This is the third time I've attempted to write a blog in the last few months. Third time lucky - I hope!
Anyway I want to start by wishing you a HAPPY NEW YEAR.
I know 2020 was a really difficult and challenging year for so many and is perhaps one to be forgotten because of the arrival of the coronavirus. Many people have seen their lives changing, curtailed or limited with confinement and restrictions. It's become a strange new world.
But for me there have been few changes and adjustments. It's not been a great deal different from previous years.
When I hear people moaning and complaining about what they've lost and how they feel depressed, I want to say "welcome to my world"!
- I've had to adjust my life since becoming ill with M.E. (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis) some 18 years ago
- My life and my world has had to change
- I've had to accept so many limitations to my life
- I've had to accept being confined to my home most of the time.
- I've had to accept that I can no longer work
- I've had to accept that I can no longer go to the cinema
- I've had to accept that I can no longer go to the theatre
- I've had to accept that I can no longer enjoy a trip out shopping
- I've had to accept that I can no longer enjoy any sports
- I've had to accept that I can't often socialise with friends or family
- I've had to accept that traveling and going on holiday is not an easy option for me
- I've had to live with and accept a life with illness that never, ever goes away