I'm sorry for the absence of my blog for a while but I had a lot of personal things and health issues to deal with. It then put me into a relapse. I'm only just beginning to recover from that relapse.
I'll start by wishing you Bonne année et Bonne santé. It's not too late as we are still in the first month of 2024.
I know it's customary at the start of a new year to reflect and make new resolutions. But surely reflection can take place at any time. In fact it might be a good habit to make regular reflections, to set aside time every week, to pause and take careful thought. Of course you could also keep a journal if that helps.
Reflection should be honest and maybe the chance to look back and learn. Some of the questions maybe as follows. What am I grateful for? What have I learnt? What could have I done better?
Therefore, I'm using this blog to take a moment to reflect and contemplate on my own situation and my feelings.
Looking back I make the following observations
- don't ignore new symptoms which then lead to other severe health problems
- listen to your body
- know your limits
- don't push yourself too much
- pace and rest
- don't be afraid to ask for help
- be more forgiving and understanding
- learn to appreciate all that you have, despite chronic illness
- be proud of your achievements, no matter how small