Tuesday 29 November 2022

REMINDERS & MEMORIES

 Bonjour, 

Yes it's that time of year again. 

We are approaching Christmas and the New Year. 

For some it can be a happy and joyful time. 

For some it can be a difficult time. 

Some will be spending it alone. 

Some will be facing many challenges. 

Some may not want to or be able to celebrate Christmas and the New Year. 

There maybe painful memories associated with this time of year. 

Perhaps you may fondly look back and are reminded of what this time of year used to be like and long for those days again. 

For those of you with a chronic illness like M.E. (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis) you may be too ill to participate in any festivities.

Perhaps you will be with family or friends who do not understand your illness and its limitations. You may eat or drink too much, especially those things that you normally try to avoid. You may end up becoming more ill or have a relapse in the level of your health. 

I myself will be alone with my cat. I can't help but think of years past and it's just not the same any more. Although, now I at least can please myself and stay in my pyjamas all day if I feel like it. I may have a few nice treats but nothing excessive. I may talk to a friends or family. At least there's no pressure on me to comply with the demands and needs of others. 

Are you going to be with family or friends over the festive season and find it difficult to explain your illness and how you feel? Then maybe you would like a copy of one of my books to help you. 

Perhaps you might like to treat yourself to one of my books. 

I have published books of poetry about M.E. over the last ten years. Some of my more recent books also include poetry on other subjects. 

My books of poetry are written from personal experience of living with M.E. for over 20 years. My books are a must read for those living the challenge of living with a chronic illness as well as M.E. They can also be used to help friends, family or anyone wanting to understand M.E. 

My books of poems are available in paperback and kindle on Amazon throughout the world. 

You can find all my books on my Author's Page as here 

Amazon UK

Amazon France 

As with all my books I donate a percentage of all the sales of my book to the charity Invest in ME Research  and I have a Just Giving Page 




All that remains to be said is I hope that despite everything you will be able to pass a restful and happy time. 

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 

Au revoir 

from the French Femme 

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment