Bonjour,
I'm sorry that it's been a while since my last blog but I've had a break and enjoying lots of sport on the tv.
It's now Severe M.E. Awareness week and I'm back to advocating for M.E. (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis).
For me it's a case of 'Carry on campaigning' for better awareness, understanding and acceptance.
Some of you may know about or have watched the Carry on films. They are part of a British Comedy franchise that started in the 1950s.
I have all the films on DVD and I still love a good laugh now and then.
BUT having a chronic illness like M.E. is no laughing matter.
I sometimes reach a point when I wonder if it's still worthwhile to continue this campaign. I ask myself 'am I making a difference?. It takes a toll on my own level of health.
Then I read about another death, a suicide or a terribly sad story of someone barely surviving with M.E.
I read about the continuing neglect and abuse that still goes on.
I read about those with severe M.E. or very severe M.E. who have no life at all.
I reflect on my own life over the last 24 years and wonder if I'll ever see a breakthrough in science and there will be a clear single diagnostic marker and effective treatment available. Maybe it's going to be too late for me but I have hope for others.
While I'm still alive I will continue my campaign.
In the meantime I'll enjoy some of those carry on films. Perhaps you might be able to do the same.
À bientôt
The French Femme

No comments:
Post a Comment