Wednesday 29 July 2020

WHY I WRITE POETRY ABOUT M.E. (part two)

Bonjour, 

In my first blog back in November 2013 I wrote a short piece explaining why I started to write poetry. 

I had written some poetry before becoming ill with M.E. (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis)  but I found it was a useful way of developing my skills and at the same time it helped me to survive. 

In this blog I want to review and further explain why I continue to write poetry. 

  • my life had to change with M.E. as I could no longer pursue many activities that I once enjoyed. There was a void. I felt that life was no longer worth living. I had to find a sense of purpose, a goal and to fill that void. So writing poetry and blogs has become part of my new life. 
  • I need to express how I am feeling, my emotions, my anger, my frustration, my sadness, my loss, my need to grieve. If I hadn't found this outlet for my emotions I have no idea what might have happened. I would most probably have spiralled into a well of depression and self pity. My writing has saved me and helped me with my grieving process - grieving for that other life. 
  • I want others to understand how I am feeling and what I am going through
  • I hope that others with M.E. can identify with my poetry and so feel less alone in their suffering
  • I try to be a voice for others who are unable to express their feelings and their life with M.E.  
  • I hope to raise better awareness of life with M.E.
  • I hope to increase better understanding of M.E. 
  • I try to educate others about M.E. through my own experience  
  • Many of my poems are short with a strong and simple message
  • I also try to make my blogs simple and easy to read 
  • I have also self published books of my poetry with a percentage of all sales going to the charity Invest in ME Research 
  • I will continue to do all of the above while there still remains a lack of care and treatment, poor understanding, misinformation, confusion, abuse, and neglect of so many. 

These are my books so far which are available both in paperback and kindle versions on Amazon throughout many countries in the world   


Lastly while I'm still able I will continue to write poetry and blogs. It takes a lot of effort and there is always some payback on my health level BUT it's important to continue. 

Thank you for reading and please feel free to share any of my poems and blogs. 

 À bientôt
from the French Femme
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment