Wednesday 28 November 2018

SMILER GIRLPANTS & DR ANNE MACINTYRE

Bonjour, 

I started this week with yet again more sad news and the loss of two people in the M.E. community. 

So I want to dedicate this blog to them. 

The first one was Smiler Girlpants  who was Facebook friend of mine and an M.E. warrior. It's even sadder because it was sudden and she was talking about the future with her partner, a wedding and buying a home. She will be very much missed.

The other loss was Dr Anne Macintyre. 

 Anne will always be remembered as an extremely kind and compassionate doctor who helped large numbers of people with M.E. over many years.

Her book for me became the bible of M.E. 

When I fell ill in 2002/2003 I didn't have the internet and I knew no one who was suffering with the same symptoms as me. 

I searched everywhere for information or for a book that would help me. I searched in my local library and in the town's bookshop. 

I found the book written by Dr Anne Macintyre entitled 'M.E. chronic fatigue syndrome a practical guide' .  I bought the 1998 edition which I still have to this day even though it's a bit dog eared and I've scribbled all over it! It validated how I was feeling and I could identify with everything she wrote as well as providing me with lots of help. It has been invaluable. Even though I never knew or met Anne Macintyre I will be forever grateful to her. 

Miranda Brewster has made a very useful video explaining the book


  


This is Annie's main documentary on exposing the medical scandal surrounding M.E. 



I think, not just myself, but the whole M.E. community have a lot to thank Dr Anne Macintyre for. 

If you have never read her book or watched these videos I suggest you do so today. I'm sure you will also find them interesting and of help. 




Au revoir
The French Femme 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment