Monday 29 April 2019

31 DAYS IN MAY

Bonjour, 

Although I do awareness raising for M.E. all year long through my blogs and my poetry, in May I try to do something a little more and a bit different.  

This year I'm pleased to announce the publication of my new book of short poems. It's entitled 31 days in May

In my new book there is one poem for each day in May, a total of 31.

These short poems express simply and clearly the reality of what it's like to live with a chronic illness like M.E. 

They express how I feel and reflect the feelings of so many in the M.E. community. 

Some of my poems could also apply to other chronic illnesses. 

Some of my poems you may have seen before but the majority I have written in the last year. 

Some are a little longer. 

Some have a link to Star Trek (my life long love and passion). 

Some you may find upsetting but there is no point in pretending that all is ok. 

I will also be sharing one of these poems each day to coincide with awareness month. You are welcome to share this blog as well as any of my poems.  

Finally and importantly I have decided to donate all proceeds from the sales of this book to the charity Invest in ME Research, not just in May but at any time. I am also very grateful that Kathleen McCall, the chairman of the charity, agreed to write the foreword for my book. 

I have set up a Just Giving page where all donations can be made.  

I don't write and publish my poetry to make a living but rather to increase awareness and understanding and to help others who suffer like myself. 

It takes a great deal of time and effort and there is always payback on my health. 

My book is available in both paperback and kindle versions on amazon in many countries throughout the world. 

Here are links to some of these. 

Amazon UK paperback version 

Amazon kindle version 

Amazon France paperback version 

Amazon France kindle version 

Amazon.com paperback version 

Amazon.com kindle version 





I hope my collection of poems convey a strong and simple message. I want better understanding and support. I want the suffering to end.

Please support me and Invest in ME Research.

Thank you 

À bientôt

from the French Femme
xxx

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your crash. I hope you see better days soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello just wanted to let you know that this post was a readers' fav on my Twitter feed for the week, and I've listed in the Top Health Tweets here. Keep up the fab work!

    https://www.achronicvoice.com/2019/05/10/issue-160-top-health-tweets/

    ReplyDelete