Thursday 28 March 2019

YEARN

Bonjour,

This time I want to talk about another emotion that I feel. 

Sometimes I yearn to escape, to get away, to go outside, to leave the four walls that surround me, to have a change of scenery, to do something spontaneous without any payback, to be able to go out with friends or family, to go for a long walk, to rediscover that carefree person I once used to be.   

To yearn is an emotion when we long, hanker or pine for something. 

It can be a very powerful emotion. 

We may go through physical or emotional suffering as a result of real or apparent hopelessness.   

With a chronic illness like M.E. we often yearn to feel better, to feel normal, to recover and to have a normal life.  

We yearn to have our lives back and do all the things that we miss.  

However, it's something that can not be easily obtained - if ever again. 

Do you feel the same?

Is there something that you yearn for? 



Yearn

I yearn to
Be healthy
And to
Have some fun
Go outside
To breathe the
Fresh air
In the sun

I yearn to
Be healthy
And to
Have some fun
Meet my friends
To drink, chat
Laugh, joke
Walk or run

I yearn to
Be healthy
And to
Have some fun
However
because of
 illness
it can't be done 





So how can we cope with this overwhelming emotion? 

I have a few suggestions
  • share how you feel
  • talk to someone about how you feel
  • find acceptance 
  • acknowledge that it's natural and ok to have these feelings
  • try to appreciate what you have inside those four walls
  • try to find little occupations that distract your thoughts

What helps you? I would love to hear from you and if you have any tips. 

Thank you. 

À bientôt
from the French Femme
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment