Saturday 1 September 2018

KLARA WILSON

Bonjour, 

I'm writing this blog with a sad heart and many tears. I've lost a friend and an M.E. warrior to the illness M.E. and cancer. 

Some people don't believe that you can have 'real' friends on Facebook.
Klara Wilson was just one of those friends and although I never met her we helped and supported each other. She was part of the M.E. community. Our friendship started back in 2013. So I feel her loss very deeply. 

Klara was a very kind and supportive friend. Others describe her as a brave fighter, with unbelievable spirit, an amazing person, positive, humorous, witty,  an inspiration, so much energy and enthusiasm, passionate about politics and human rights.

Mike Harley interviewed Klara about M.E. in her native Czech Republic six months ago.  He met her sister and mother the day before he ran the Prague marathon in May 2015.     

But above all she has left a great legacy in terms of ME and ME/CFS awareness images she created as part of ME Awareness pics 
She has taught so many with her awareness raising and will continue to do so.  

It's never easy to raise awareness when feeling so ill. It takes a lot of effort and sacrifice to one's health. Klara despite having severe ME contributed a lot to raising awareness. 

When I first decided to put my poems about M.E. into a book I didn't know where to start. Klara and her husband Rob both helped me in those  early days and designed a cover for my book 'My A-Z of M.E.'  




and to illustrate my poem 



I will be forever grateful for the help both Klara and Rob gave me.  

I hope on reading my blog you will share some of these images. 

We need to continue to raise awareness and understanding. 

I don't want more of my dear friends to disappear because of this cruel illness. 

A bientot
The French Femme 
xxx


   

No comments:

Post a Comment